Finally, the wait is over, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India has declared the CA Foundation result on 13th August on its three websites and students are able to check their results through any one of the result websites.
The result of the CA Foundation has declared on icaiexam.icai.org, icai.nic.in, and caresults.icai.org.
ICAI also allows students to check their results via SMS or Email.
ICAI has also issued the CA Foundation Pass percentage and merit list on the date of result declaration and students can it through any one of the above-mentioned websites.
This year the pass percentage of CA Foundation has decreased with 26% as compared to Nov 2018 attempt.
In this article, we will tell you the reasons why the ICAI CA Foundation Pass percentage has decreased this year, Gender wise May 2019 pass percentage, previous attempt pass percentages of CA Foundation, and Toppers of May 2019 exam.
CA Foundation Pass Percentage 2019
ICAI has issued the pass percentages of May 2019 attempt by a press release on 13th August 2019 and you can check it through the below-given table –
CA Foundation Previous Attempt Pass Percentage
Table below is showing Nov 2018 pass percentage
|Gender||No. of Candidates Appeared||No. of Candidates Passed||Pass Percentage|
CA Foundation Result Analysis
- This year 17844 Male students have appeared for the exam and 3296 out of them cleared the exam. Wherein Nov 2018 attempt 27734 Male students have appeared for the and 11935 out of them cleared the exam.
- The pass percentage of May 2019 attempt for students is only 18.47%, wherein Nov 2018 attempt the pass percentage for male students was 43.03 %.
- In May 2019 attempt 13127 Female students have appeared for the exam which is 7841 less than Nov 2018 attempt.
- Pass Percentage of May 2019 attempt is 26.84% less than Nov 2018 attempt.
- Total CA Foundation pass percentage of May 2019 attempt is 18.58% and wherein the pass percentages of Nov 2018 attempt was 44.12 % which is 25.54% higher than May attempt.
Based on this result analysis we can say that the pass percentage of May 2019 has highly decreased as compared to the previous attempt. Want to know why? Continue reading…
Reason Why CA Foundation May 2019 Pass Percentage Has Decreased
1. Language Barrier – Papers like, Business And Commercial Knowledge, and Business Correspondence And Reporting can only be written in English which was hard for the Hindi medium students. These papers were scoring but to the language issues, many students scored low.
2. New Marking Pattern – This year ICAI has introduced a marking pattern called Assessment 30:70. In this pattern ICAI introduced MCQs, where students can’t write the answers, can only select the right answer.
3. Negative Marking – ICAI also started negative marking for Paper 2 and Paper 4 and because of this, many students have left the opportunity to pass the exam.
CA Foundation Toppers 2019
This year Rajat Sachin Rathi has archived the AIR 1 in the CA Foundation May 2019 attempt. Andhra Pradesh boy Kalivarapu Sai Srikar has secured all India 2nd rank. Minal Agarwal has secured and Priyanshi Saboo has secured All India 3rd rank in CA Foundation May 2019 result.
Get full details from the table –
|Particulars||AIR 1||AIR 2||AIR 3||AIR 3|
|Name||Rajat Sachin Rathi||Kalivarapu Sai Srikar||Priyanshi Saboo||Minal Agarwal|
|City||Pune||Srikakulam (Andhra Pradesh)||Bhopal||Surat|
As we have told you all the CA Foundation pass percentage of May 2019 and Nov 2019 attempt, May 2019 toppers, Result analysis, and some reason why CA Foundation May 2019 ass percentage has decreased this year.